- 22 Mar 2021
- 2 min.
Recipe - Easter egg with edamame and sesame
Brunch/Starter; 2-4 persons
Equipement: Dutchdeluxes Appetizer Plates, cling film, steamer basket, blender, baking and kitchen paper
- 3 Eggs (small/medium)
- 75 gr. Peas, thawed
- 75 gr. Edamame beans, fresh or thawed
- 35 gr. Gouda cheese, grated
- 2 tsp. Fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 15 gr. Arugula
- ¼ tsp. Lemon zest
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp. Sesame seeds, roasted until golden brown
- ½ tbsp. Flour
- Freshly ground black p
- Bring a large pan with water to the boil. Carefully place 2 eggs (preferably from the fridge) in the water and bring back to the boil. Boil the eggs for 5 minutes. In the meantime, prepare a bowl with ice water and place the eggs in the cold water once they’re done. Whisk the remaining egg in a bowl and put aside. Place the toasted sesame seeds on a plate.
- Put the peas and edamame in a bowl and pat them dry with kitchen paper. Place the arugula, peas, edamame, coriander, cheese, salt, lemon zest and black pepper in a blender and mix until a coarse puree. Season to taste with extra lemon zest, salt or pepper. Now add flour and half of the whisked egg and mix one more time.
- Carefully peel the eggs and roll them through some flour, dust remaining flour off.
- Weigh 85 grams of the mix and place a piece of cling film of about 25 cm on your counter (depending on the size of the eggs you may use less or more). Spread the mix out with the back of a spoon to an oval shape with the shortest side towards you. Place the egg in the center and fold the mix all around the egg by using the cling film. Twist the cling film and close by making a knot or using a small clip. Repeat this with the other egg.
- Bring a pan with a layer of water to the boil and place the steamer basket inside. Place the eggs on top of some baking paper in the steamer basket and place the lid on. Steam the eggs for 6 minutes. Remove the eggs with an oven glove and let them rest for 3 minutes. Remove the cling film and roll the eggs through the sesame seeds. Halve the egg with a sharp knife.
- Serve one half or two halves per person with some dressed salad leaves. Combines well with smoked salmon and wasabi mayonnaise or for example Parma ham.
- Replace coriander with parsley
- Mix white and black sesame seeds
- Replace lemon zest with lime zest
- Replace Gouda cheese with Cheddar
- Board Plate Ted - 4 stuks Platinum Matt
- Board Plate Lola - 4 pieces White€79.80